Norton is an antivirus program which saves and protects the data and other important information of the users from being leaked to the hackers and other malicious codes. But there are certain instances where users face various problems and are not able to deal with them. Unexpectedly and suddenly some errors occur which hampers the work of the users and they are not able to access the antivirus or any other program as the system keeps showing the pop-up message of the error “an unknown error occurred” on the Mac devices. As these errors come to the surface without any particular reason users only have some options to deal with this error. If they are not able to troubleshoot it and having more problems such as Norton Antivirus error code 3038 while dealing with it then users should get in touch with the experts via Norton Support Number without any hesitation and get expert’s advice for your problems. Otherwise, follow the steps to manually troubleshoot the problem.
Instructions to follow to Troubleshoot this Error:
- If customers are having problems on their Mac devices then they should uninstall the product from the IOS device.
- Restart your Mac and then go to the official website of Norton.
- From there, you need to download the “RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip” file after the checking the compatibility of the file.
- Now you have to double-click on the file you have downloaded and it will expand after the click.
- Open it and then you have entered the Mac OS X administrator password and then click on “return” and then a “terminal” menu will appear and then the files will be deleted regarding the antivirus and then you have click on “Quit terminal”.
- And after uninstalling you have to download it again.
- Go the official website of the Antivirus and then sign in to your personal account.
- In the “Norton setup” window you have to click on “download”.
- And then you have to click on “Agree and continue”.
- The file will be downloaded to the system and then open it and then click on “agree and install”.
- Follow the wizard instructions to fulfill the installation process.