TomTom is one of the best GPS device providing companies in the market that helps the users in locating and finding any particular location. There are numerous methods in which the TomTom GPS provides help to the users and by using proper method a user can utilize the features of the GPS device in the best way.
To use the GPS device in a proper manner, it is very necessary for the users of the device to Install Maps on TomTom Device so that it provides accurate information about the places where you want to visit. There are numerous ways in which the users of the device can Install the Maps but the best method to do so is to follow the steps which are unique and have the capability to provide assurance for the process.
To help the users in this process and to ease their situation for the process of TomTom Device Maps Installation, we have provided some steps that would help you. All the steps are very easy to follow and they would provide complete solutions for the issue.
Steps for Easy TomTom Device Maps Installation
- To start with the process, you need to ensure that you have the latest version of the TomTom HOME on your computer. Visit the website and check if the newest version of the Maps is available or not. Make sure that you have a high-speed internet connection and the internet speed is stable.
- Now, you need to connect your device to the computer. To do so, you need to use a USB cable which has come up with the navigational system.
- After that, select restore/backup from your computer to make the backup of your TomTom device. You need to complete the backup of your device before you initiate downloading the process.
- It is an important step to follow as it will save you time if something goes wrong with your device while you are downloading maps. By making a backup for your device, you will be able to preserve the map information which was saved on your device.
- Now, you need to determine the storage capacity of your device as it is impossible to install a map that is larger than the storage capacity for your device. Every model of the TomTom device has their own separate storage capacity.
- To ensure the capacity of the TomTom website for the file size and modem speed compatibility.
- Now, you need to verify that the size of the map you want to download is smaller than your device’s storage capacity.
- After that, compare the modem speed with the size of the map that you wish to download in your TomTom GPS.
- In case, the process of download is unsuccessful then you must visit another website to continue with the process of TomTom Device Maps Installation.
- Once, done with the download you need to change the firewall and security settings of your TomTom GPS.
- Before the process starts, TomTom will need to have complete access to your computer system.
- Once the download process completes, you need to transfer the maps from your computer onto your navigational device.
- As the transfer completes, enable the firewall and security settings of your device.
So, all these are some of the steps that would help you in the process to Install Maps on TomTom Device. In case, you need some steps that would help you in the process to Update TomTom Device Maps for Free then you must visit our website for solutions.