TomTom is one of the best companies in the market that provide GPS devices for the use of common people. They are known to provide the devices that are accurate and provide correct information about the location that a person has to visit or track. There are numerous devices that are available in the market for the use of common people and all the devices are known to provide complete satisfaction to the customers. It is very necessary that the users must know how to update TomTom Maps for free to make the optimum utilization of the products that they use. We hereby through this blog provide you complete steps that would help you in the process and would also help you in updating any other functions of the TomTom GPS devices.
As we know that the maps are just the location of the places that have been updated on a particular satellite and through those satellite different applications such as the Google maps and other location providing applications help the users in finding the areas of their choice. There are numerous TomTom products that are available in the market which not only help the users in knowing the locations but they also help them in carrying out their work at night. To keep the devices of TomTom healthy, it is very necessary that the user must be aware of the steps to update TomTom maps.
In this blog, we have provided you some of the best steps that would help you in solving the query of how do I Update my TomTom Maps for free. So, follow these steps carefully and get the sure shot solutions.
Steps to help you Update TomTom Maps for Free
- To start with the process to update the TomTom maps in your TomTom device, connect the device with the laptop or PC (primary device) that you use on the daily basis.
- Keep the proper connection of the wires between your TomTom device and your laptop or PC.
- Also, ensure that the internet connection of your primary device is stagnant and there is no fluctuation in the internet speed.
- As the connection process completes, start your TomTom device and wait for it to process completely.
- Once the device starts, click on the menu from the main window of your device.
- Search for the setting option in the menu and click on it.
- In the list of options that are visible to you, search for the Wi-Fi option and tap on it.
- Connect the device with your preferred Wi-Fi connection and feed the password in the given space.
- Once the device connected, go back in the main menu and wait for the connection to establish properly.
- Now, go back in the settings option and search for MyDrive in the options.
- Once located, click on the option and go to the next window.
- Create an account in your device with the correct email id and password.
- Once you have typed the correct information, click on create an account.
- Now when the account is created, go back in the main menu and wait for some time.
- After that, tap on the settings option for one more time and search for updates and new items.
- Scroll through the available updates and click on the update that you require according to the place you reside.
- Check for some other updates as well and if you think that they are necessary to select them and tap on update all option.
- Now, wait for sometime as the device would search for the updates on the internet.
- Once the device will complete the search and start the update, it will notify you and the screen will show the updating process.
- As the update will complete, the device will notify you about the completion.
- Go back in the main menu and check in the maps section whether the update has completed or not.
- Scroll through the maps and you will notice that the update for the maps has been successfully completed.
After following all these steps, you can effectively use your TomTom device with the new updates of maps and you can also find the places that you want to visit without any kind of hassle. For more solutions regarding how to update my TomTom maps in different variants, keep visiting our website and keep reading our blogs.