Microsoft always provides genuine products and reliable services. Microsoft office contains different and important programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher. Whether you are a working employee, student or a home user, you will find Microsoft as a complete package which will make your work easy and sorted.
Microsoft Outlook works as a personal information manager, used to share emails. It also has a calendar, task and contact manager and allows web browsing too. Like other applications and product of Microsoft, outlook has improved a lot with each version. With every new update, Microsoft offers comfort to its customer. Though it has gained a high reputation and even the people prefer Microsoft outlook at their workplace too.
But, most of the outlook user are facing problem-related to different error codes such as- 0x80070002, 0x8004210B,0x800CCC0F and Microsoft Outlook error code 10. The error says, ‘there is a problem with the proxy server’s security certificate. Outlook is unable to connect to this server (outlook error code 10). Whenever outlook faced this problem, then neither the application opens the PST file nor does the synchronization of data take place.
Why does this problem occur?
The Outlook error code 10 generally happen because:-
- A user may be using the open DNS server
- Sometime the use of un-trusted certification authority(CA) could be the possible reason behind this error.
- Unable to validate security certificates
- The firewall issue in the network connectivity disturbs the smooth working too.
Troubleshoots to get away from this problem:-
The error code 10 in Outlook problem can be resolved easily from the user’s end itself. You can simply try to reinstall the outlook application back. It will ask you to create an Outlook profile. You can consult your ISP to fix the connection problems. You will get your problem resolved by doing so.
But if the problem persists, the possible reason could be related to the broken or damaged PST file. You can use the PST repair tools:-
- You can download the PST repair tool and software on the same pc where the outlook is located.
- Once the installation has been completed wait for sometime.
- The main screen will give you three options to select your PST file.
- If you know the location of the PST file, click on ‘open PST file’
- Click on ‘Find PST file’, to locate your PST file
- ‘Select outlook profile’- to choose PST file from outlook which has multiple profiles, updated.
- After selecting the appropriate PST file, click on next and specify the location, where you want to save your PST file after repairing process.
- Choose the mode of scanning between normal and smart scan options and click next.
- The tool scan will enter PST file and it will repair the error
- Your PST file contents can be viewed in outlook styled interface.
From the above blog, you will surely resolve your problem by fixing your error code 10 in Microsoft outlook. In case you want to know more about How to fix Outlook Error Code 17099 Or need assistance for other issues related to outlook, you can visit our website and get your problem resolved.