Windows is an operating system which has provided a lot of help and support to the people who use devices such as a computer, laptop, tablet, and so on. There are numerous solutions that the Windows provide to its customers but it is very important that the users must keep on updating the OS for proper functioning.
While updating it can happen that the users might face Windows 10 Update Error 0x80242006. It is one of the most annoying errors in the complete OS errors list. It mainly restricts you from getting an update for the OS.
It is very important that the users of the Windows OS must solve this Windows 10 error 0x80242006 as soon as possible. The more this error stays in the system of the users, the more it creates problems for the users and affects the functioning of the OS.
Reasons for Windows 10 Update Error 0x80242006
Windows is an OS used by a lot of people and it is very easy to understand which gives it a quality of being utilized by the people of all age groups. The reasons for which the Windows 10 Error 0x80242006 is faced involve numerous but there are mainly two reasons due to which this error is faced by the users of Windows OS.
- Distribution Database on Windows Defender is Broken
- Stoppen BITS Service
- Broken Database of Windows Defender
We suggest the users follow the steps that are listed below for the procedure to solve this error in the Windows OS. All the steps are effective and they would provide sure-shot solutions for the error 0x80242006 in Windows 10.
Steps to Solve Windows 10 Update Error 0x80242006
There are mainly 4 methods through which this error can be solved by the users manually. All these steps are unique and they provide complete help for the problem at every step. The users can select the methods according to their ease.
Method 1: In this method, you need to start BITS Manually
- To start with the process, type services.msc command on the Cortana Text Field and tap on the Enter button to launch Services.
- A window opens on the screen of the PC with a list of services. Moving ahead, locate Background Intelligent Transfer Service or BITS in the window which is open on the screen.
- Double-click on the option and as the dialogue box appears on the screen, click on Start. Once the process starts, click on Apply and then click on OK so that the process of BITS start.
Once you are done with the process, try to update the windows and check if the update completes successfully. If the Windows 10 error 0x80242006 still shows on the screen then you can try the next method.
Method 2: You must rename the Update Folder through the Batch Files
- For this, on the Cortana Search, type Notepad and hit Enter to launch it.
- When the notepad shows up the PC Screen, copy and paste the below text in the space given on the screen.
net stop wuauserv
Ren Download Download.old
net start wuauserv
- Once you are done with inserting text, click the File option. From the menu which would appear on the screen, click on Save As option.
- Now, name the file as RenameUpdate.bat and tap on Save button to continue.
- Once done, locate the batch file which you have saved on your computer. Right-click on the file and from the list which is open in front of you, click on Run as Administrator.
- As you do so, it will run and update the Windows as the process completes.
If the error still continues, you need to use the next method.
Method 3: It involves running Windows Update Troubleshooter
- In this method, you need to click Windows and I key to launch the built-in settings program.
- On the homepage, search and click on the option Update and Security.
- Now, click on Troubleshoot on the left sidebar on the window which has been opened.
- Once done, select Windows Update and click on Run the Troubleshooter button from the screen.
- As you will do so, the troubleshooter will scan the system and repair the damaged database.
In case, this method does not work then you must move to the next step to solve Windows 10 error 0x80242006.
Method 4: In this method, you need to Disable the Windows Defender
- In this method, you need to open the Start Menu and type gpedit.msc on the Cortana and click on Enter.
- Now, navigate the path as shown below.
- Computer Configuration => Administrative Templates => Windows Components => Windows Defender Antivirus.
- After that, Switch to the Corresponding side, locate and double-click the setting named Turn Off Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Once another window opens, select the option Enabled. As you are assured of the process, click on the Apply button and wait till you see OK option on the screen.
All these methods can be used by the users to solve Windows 10 Update Error 0x80242006. Similarly, if you face some other issue such as Windows 10 Loading Very Slow Issue then you must visit our website.